‘an alluring, beautiful and mysterious woman of great seductive charm, who has the ability to entrance and hypnotise her victim’
The resulting wine is intensely fresh and focused. Dark and deep brick red, a riot of perfume and spice of ripe wild raspberries, cherries, gun smoke, turned earth, minerals and spice, powerful and intense with meaty salami and black olive tapenade notes.
Super fresh palate that’s driven by intense sweet fruit again of black cherries and wild raspberries with black olives, lavender and dried herbs, a long savory mid palate of smoked meat/salami, rich and powerful structure, finishing with fine grain tannins and balanced natural acidity.
Delicious now and can also be cellared long term.
Will vintage 2010 be the modern day version of 1990, time will tell?
*This wine needs air when first opening, please decant and serve in Shiraz glasses.
Syrahmi Siren Heathcote Shiraz – at a glance winemaking
- 5 day cold soak < 8˚C
- Wild yeast ferment and malolatic fermentation
- 30% whole bunch used – Only hand pigeage
- Extended time 22-30 days on skins before pressing
- Eighteen months in 100% French oak, 30% new, Unfined & unfiltered
- Bottled and cellared for over 2 years before release