X… 10th Vintage of Syrahmi
It’s with great joy that my 10th release of Syrahmi Shiraz coincides with one of the great vintages of Heathcote.
The resulting wine is intensely focused and powerful. Dark and deep brick red, a riot of perfume and spice of ripe wild raspberries, cherries, gun smoke, graphite turned earth and spice, powerful and intense with meaty salami and black olive notes.
The palate is driven by intense ripe fruit with black olives, graphite again and dried herbs, a long savory mid palate of smoked meat, rich and powerful structure, the wine shows poise alongside brooding power, finishing with rich tannins and balanced natural acidity.
A glance at the winemaking
- 100% wholebunch used. No pumping or plunging at all during ferment.
- Wild yeast ferment and malolatic fermentation
- Extended time 45 days on skins before pressing (no pressings added to this wine, only free run used)
- Aged in used 2800L Foudre 100% French for 18 months
- Wine is left on lees without racking then bottled unfined & unfiltered with min. SO2
- Minimum 3 years before release