Last Dance…It’s the last song before closing time!
This is the last time Syrahmi will be made from the Greenstone vineyard.
What an amazing vintage 2014 was for Northern Heathcote, it’s was like a hypothetical blend of 2012 for finesse and elegance and the power and structure of 2013.
Dark and deep brick red, a riot of perfume of ripe wild raspberries, cherries, gun smoke, graphite turned earth and spice with star anise, powerful and intense with meaty salami and black olive notes and sweet Asian scents.
The palate is driven by ripe fruit with black olives, graphite again and dried herbs, a long savory mid palate of smoked meat, rich and powerful structure, the wine shows poise alongside brooding power, finishing with rich tannins and balanced natural acidity. The length is super long and very fine.
A glance at the winemaking
- 100% wholebunch used. No pumping or plunging at all during ferment.
- Wild yeast ferment and malolatic fermentation
- Extended time 52 days on skins before pressing (YES 52 days! no pressings added to this wine, only free run used)
- Aged in used 2800L Foudre 100% French for 17 months
- Wine is left on lees without racking then bottled unfined & unfiltered with min. SO2
- Minimum 3 years before release